Saturday, May 23, 2009

Cultivating Healthy Habits

A Riddle:
I am your constant companion.I am your greatest helper or heaviest burden.I will push you onward or drag you down to failure.I am completely at your command.I am managed with care—you must be firm with me. Show me exactly how you want something done, and after enough lessons, I will do it automatically.I am the servant of all great people and, alas, of all failures. Those who are great, I have made great. Those who are failures, I have made failures.I am not a machine, though I work with the precision of a machine and the intelligence of a person. You may run me for profit or run me for ruin—it makes no difference to me.Take me, train me, and be firm with me, and I will place the world at your feet. Be easy with me and I will destroy you.Who am I?

...habit
(...this from Tammy's new blog...) she goes on with these quotes:

The first and best victory is to conquer self.~Plato

Habits are at first cobwebs, then cables.~Spanish Proverb

Sow a thought, and you reap an act;Sow an act, and you reap a habit;Sow a habit, and you reap a character;Sow a character, and you reap a destiny.~Charles Reader

"We are all born originals - why is it so many of us die copies?" ~Edward Young

Beginning today, I plan to love me "As I Am" . I will prune bad habits, cultivate healthy habits, and create anew the unique me.1. Write three pages five time a week.2. Art journal three times a week.3. Eat healthy foods.4. Go walking everyday.5. Do exercises everyday.6. Complete Julie Cameron's "The Artist Way"7. Spend more time outside.8. Let go ...9. Share my story - blog, blog, blog.10. Hear others stories - listen and read.11. Observe and See.12. Celebrate Life!!"

Miracles are a retelling in small letters of the very same story which is written across the whole world in letters too large for some of us to see." ~C.S. Lewis

From this inspirational start by Tammy... I add my own goals:

Beginning today, I plan to: cultivate healthy habits:
1. Eat healthy and follow plan.
2. Walk everyday
3. Strength train 3x week,
4. Work on slipcover a few MINUTES every day.
5. Correspond every day...begin today with cards to Lloyd, Janice, Tish
6. One daily art piece: soul collage, art journal page, whatever...

No comments:

Post a Comment