Thursday, May 21, 2009

Find your art

Leanne (from NewZealand) of Blissfull ... says "It is terrible if people give up on art because they feel imprisoned by it. I guess they are accepting too much input and not letting their hearts lead them towards what they enjoy doing.

I suppose that I have been lucky in that respect, that my heart would not let me do that. I started in my youth drawing only and colouring with felt tips and coloured pencils. I did not find paint till adulthood. I tried watercolours and was not completely happy. I moved to acrylics and got happier. I tried cardmaking and soon became unsatisfied. I tried scrapbooking and soon became unsatisfied. I started to mix art and cardmaking and got happier. I got introduced to mixed media painting and got happier. Then I dabbled in mixed media art with fibres. Art journaling introduced collage to me. And now I finally feel that I am at a place where I enjoy the art that I make. It combines all the skills that I learned from my dabbles in pure drawing, cardmaking, scrapbooking, painting, collaging.

I love the art journaling movement!

No comments:

Post a Comment