Friday, April 17, 2009

from Kelly Watts at blissfully art journal group... her blog ... about the above entry she writes: I used a blank white sheet of drawing paper. Spritzed it with different colors of glitter mist by Adirondak. Used my new brayer to roll out some of the spray in different directions. Dropped drops of alcohol ink (Tim Holtz) and brayed again though it didn't spread but more soaked into the paper. I layered three different colored sheets of scrap paper. Then I cut out a flower from another sheet of paper and used mounting squares to raise the surfaces. I then used my new Chalk writer to outline the drops of alcohol ink in white. I used self leveling gel to create a glossy texture over top of the flowers at the bottom. The button on the lower right corner of the page I found on the road the other day. I have discovered that I am a 'packrat' like my Dad and tend to pick up things off the ground that I can use in my journals. This button worked perfectly as I colored it with my copic marker to the same color I used to journal with. Even though this page is actually a "venting" page ~ it doesn't feel like one because I have 'prettied' it up a bit with all the creative tid bits!

... and the journal page below, Kelly writes: "My girlfriend showed me the idea of drawing an outline of your hand and then filling it in with all sorts of things about yourself.hereKelly talks of her early journal pages, and how they were so full of negativitiy, she decided to get rid of them. From that moment on she chose to only do "healing" journal's that showed her journey to healing. She says "My art journaling has been a HUGE journey to healing for me."

No comments:

Post a Comment