Monday, June 15, 2009

365 Days of being 30

"Whatever it Takes"
Art therapist, Erin, is doing a project of 365 art projects, one per day in her 30th years. (link)...I love the idea, I love her art, the freeflowing finger painted style, and I love her titles. She writes: "Today I am thirty. This is day one of my project: 365 days of being 30. I was honestly dreading this today. A sort of performance anxiety. But, it came easy. I was tired from work, achy bones, and pain behind my eye. It was a long day. But it was good. Everything is Good. The day was more calm than I though it would be. All of the anxiety of turning 30 is gone, maybe just for right now though? So, why this project? Why now? Well, 30 is significant isn't it? I don't know though, I've never been 30. How is it different from 20? 25? 29? I think I am starting this project to find out just who I am. What kind of woman am I? What path am I taking as a wife, a daughter, a sister, a friend, an artist and art therapist? This is my journey and I want to share it with the world. I want to share my laughter, my tears, my 365..."

"Let Nothing Contain You"
"Alive"

No comments:

Post a Comment