Saturday, June 6, 2009

Keri Smith...morning collages

"I really think it's important to be in a situation, both in art and in life, where you don't understand what is going on." ~John Cage

Keri Smith's writes in her blog: "The quote above has really been a mantra for me for the last few years. I aim to embody it with everything I do with my work as it gets to the root of a what it means to experiment..."

experiment noun |ikˈsperəmənt|
• a course of action tentatively adopted without being sure of the eventual outcome.

She writes "I suppose it would help at this stage to put my wants into some kind of list so that I can manifest it in the real world." and then goes on to list the things she wants in her life...



a series of morning collages done with no attachment to the outcome. just to get the hand moving. here

No comments:

Post a Comment