Monday, June 1, 2009

Finding Time

Kelly Kilmer, who teaches journaling, has minimal space for doing it, but she
does. One of her tips is that she has all of her supplies in a bag that she can
take anywhere ... a couple of large zip-lock bags - one for papers and one for images. From time to time, she rotates stuff in and out of the bags from her stash. Tracy Moore does lots of backgrounds at one, then takes Kelly's approach and
often does a lot of her journaling on the go.

If you have to get your stuff out and put it back, make that process easier and
faster. If you do multiple art/crafts, try to setup one container with the
stuff you use for lots of things and keep it in or near your workspace, then
have other containers for each art/craft or even project...over-the-closet-door shoe bags, keep them hanging in a closet and bring them out to put on the hook when you're ready to work. They're great because just one bag can make so much stuff accessible and nearly instant to get out and put
away.

When it comes to focus, I've kept a picture of a pie taped to the corner of my
monitor for years. It reminds me that we all have the same 24 hours a day and
we all use all 24 hours every day. It's a pie and whenever I choose to do
something, it means I am choosing not to do anything else with that time. I
used to really overload myself but the pie helped me to get a handle on it.
(from Margie at Blissfully)

No comments:

Post a Comment